Naples Italy and Amalfi Coast Photo Tour
The Strabo Photo Tour Collection is proud to announce a special tour to Naples, the Amalfi Coast, and optional extension to Sicily, led by accomplished photographer and instructor Kathy Adams Clark. The trip consists of the historic city center of Naples, along with the ruins at Herculeum, sunset photography of Mt. Vesuvius, and the seaside villages of Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, and smaller less frequented towns. Those on the extension will enjoy blue hour photography of Mt. Etna from Taormina, with the ancient city center of Siracusa, Ortigia, the honey-gold baroque UNESCO world heritage site of Noto and charming hill town of Ragusa. Together you will explore the rich history, beauty, arts and culture. You will photograph and walk among some of the best-preserved Greek ruins in the world; Roman mosaics, baroque palaces, and UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Hear the ancient myths on the sites where they happened, explore hilltop villages, enjoy the cuisine, and last but not least taste the wine. We always welcome tour companions who are not photographers. There are interesting aspects of Italian life waiting to be explored in every location. The trip’s leisurely pace will provide ample opportunity to wander through medieval hill towns, and feast on the renowned regional foods and wines. You will need to remain flexible to accommodate for unforeseen photographic opportunities, as events and weather changes we want to remain adaptable to photograph unique opportunities. The accommodations that have been chosen combine simple elegance with excellent location.
• Limited to 12 participants to optimize your photographic experience
• Explore and photograph on foot in the historic city center of Naples, with its rich tapestry of history depicted in its architecture, ruins of Herculeum, and sunset photography of Mt. Vesuvius.
• Accommodations with beautiful views from Sorrento and Amalfi.
• Photograph the islands on a day trip to Ischia and Procida.
• Photograph in various hill towns along the Amalfi Coast such as Positano, Atrani, and Raito.
• Optional Sicily Extension with views of Mt. Etna, off the beaten path hill towns of the honey-gold baroque UNESCO world heritage site of Noto and charming hill town of Ragusa, and Ortigia the finest least spoiled old town of Siracusa, with its resonances of light, stone, and sea.
September 29: Home
September 30 - October 2: Naples
October 3 - 5: Sorrento
October 6 - 8: Amalfi
October 9: Home or on to Sicily