Watermedia for Newbies
This course sets out to simplify what is considered by many artists to be ‘the most difficult medium’: Watercolour. In reality, there are simple steps in working with this medium that, once mastered, can help you create lovely fresh and glowing paintings – avoid making ‘mud’.
Watercolour is one of the most beautiful and expressive forms of painting. It is contagious once you are shown the proper way to use your materials and begin to get some degree of success. ‘Wetness to Dryness’ – a simple concept but so challenging to get it right!
Georgia will break it down for you and help you to find your own artistic voice.
Stages to Artistic Development
- Learning Techniques of this medium
- Learning to Organize Composition and Design
- Understanding the Importance of Tonal Values
- Getting a Handle on Colour Theory/ Choosing your Palette
- Using Techniques of Composition & Design, Values, Shapes, Brushwork, Texture & Colour to express personal style and feelings through your paintings.
Georgia’s goal is to help you feel confident and understand the process as well as being able to use your materials competently in the field. She will demonstrate and explain all tools and gear she uses personally, and give you lots of food for thought to use in your own work to give you every chance for success. She can’t wait to share all this with you!