Watercolour painting in the south of France
Relax on this all-inclusive Watercolour Painting Holiday set in the beautiful south of France. We’ll be painting in various locations everyday ranging from Mediterranean lagoons and ports through to vine-filled landscapes and ancient hilltop villages. You can also look forward to excellent food and wine throughout your stay – a real French Experience.
About the course:
Simon, a professional artist and experienced tutor together with his wife Monica, a passionate cook and foodie, invite you to share their life in France. Whether you’re a complete beginner or a more experienced artist looking to improve your techniques and loosen your style, these holidays based in the south of France are made for you.
During your stay, Simon will be encouraging you to work on composition and lighting to give your painting that certain extra something. ‘The pure light here is perfect for giving your painting a dramatic feel – Deep blue skies, colourful facades and the sparkling water of Mediterranean lagoons, as well as cool shadows and dappled shade in the ancient village squares. I love it!.
A Typical Daily Schedule:
- After breakfast each morning, we’ll set off from your accommodation to our nearby painting location.
- Simon will help you set up, suggesting the best composition and techniques for that particular scene, often with a quick demonstration.
- Chairs, easels and boards plus all materials are supplied on our art holidays but feel free to bring your favourite brushes and paints.
- We’ll paint till around 12.30pm when we break for lunch
- In the afternoon, you will have a choice of either continuing painting at the day’s location or returning to your accommodation or our studio to finish off your morning’s painting.
- Dinner will be served at a nearby restaurant or in our courtyard garden in Pouzolles.
What to pack:
All materials and equipment are supplied but feel free to bring your favourite brushes and paints. Sun hats, sunglasses, sun screen and comfortable shoes are recommended as is a digital camera or smart phone - for reference photos.
Based in the village of Pouzolles in the Languedoc, about 30 minutes drive north from the town of Beziers.
Nearest major airports/ getting there:
Beziers, Montpellier, Carcassonne, Toulouse. There is also a railway station at Beziers with links from Montpellier, Carcassonne, Toulouse, Marseille and Paris. For easy flights direct to Beziers, check out www.ryanair.com
Photo: Simon Roberts